BlackEyed Susan Vine

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

I like how my vine is filling in on the iron trellis. After our only hard freeze the
last of Feb. it was bitten really hard, but is doing great right now.

Angela

Thumbnail by TexasBlueBonnet
Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

Another view

Thumbnail by TexasBlueBonnet
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Very nice Angela.

Denver, CO

Fancy.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Oh, SO PRETTY!

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you all, my husband picked out the trellis at a flea market.
I wasn't real sure about it at the time but I love it now!!!!!

Edinburg, TX

That's really good looking!!! Love the trellis...but too bad such a beautiful trellis will soon be completely covered by the black eye susan vine :o)

I have BES planted below my windows so they can cover the security bars. Needless to say, they grew quickly and you can't see the bars...let alone the window!!! They are excellent vines for coverage and look fantastic when they are full of blooms.

~ Cat

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Wow.. that's beautiful! I have some seeds.. not know where I want to plant! :o) Love that trellis. Oh I think I have a good idea.. should I plant Black Eye Susan vine or the Morning Glory to around the bird feeder post? :o)

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

I can't speak for the morning glory vine but my blackeyed susan vine came back
from last year. It survived the hurricane and a couple of late freezes. And thank
you about the trellis, I really hate it is going to be covered up and my husband
teased me yesterday saying that my balls will be covered up soon too and I
said NO WAY!!! (he doesn't like the balls) (LOL)

Good luck with deciding, I know how tough it is.

Angela

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thunbergia is one of my very favorite species of vines. Great choice for your arbor!
That is one fantastic arbor you have there!
...love the blue marbles...
-T

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

I love your trellis and how the vine is rambling up it..Your hubby must have made you happy with that great find at the flea market..!!

Loretta...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.