Spreader-Sticker

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

Anybody had any luck using Spreader-Sticker mixed with their herbicides? It's a little expensive, i'd like to know if it works before I buy it.

Spreader-Sticker? Do you have a link to this product? I'm not familiar with a Spreader-Sticker brand at all.

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

Link 1 : http://homeharvest.com/insectspraysurfactant.htm
Link 2 : http://www.bugspray.com/catalog/products/page1317.html

I have heard of using dish soap, but I tried Dawn yesterday and it didn't work all that well.

Bureau County, IL(Zone 5a)

My father is big on using herbicides. He always says you have to add fertilizer (like Miracle Grow) and dish soap. He just uses the cheapest dish soap he can find. The fertilizer makes the plants suck it up better, the dish soap makes it stick. And of course my dad knows it all :o)

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

I don't know about the fertilizer, i'm scared that may backfire on me, LOL. Maybe I just didn't add enough soap.

Coco-Wet looks like an interesting product. Hi-Yield does too. Which product are you considering? I'd love to know how either one works.

There's validity to the use of fertilizer in some situations.

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

The store closest to me has the Hi-Yeild. They just call it Sticker.

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

I bought the Hi-Yeild kind and used it today. It does make the herbicide stick to the leaves better. It only takes about two tablespoons per gallon of water. I'll post again in a few days to report how well it worked.

You forgot to post how it worked ;)

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

It works very well. When I used to spray Chinese Tallow foliage it would bead up and roll off. Now it stays where I spray it. It has kind of an oily odor but it's not too bad. I will keep using it. It's only availible at farm supply stores around here.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Actually, Dawn works well for getting rid of bagworms. Unless you really enjoy getting icky, put on some plastic gloves, add a generous dollop of Dawn, & grab the bag o' bagworms. It smothers them, I guess. At least they die clean. A tip from my exterminator, who likes to use the least toxic methods that work.
Dawn also works on major highway grease spills--- hehehe--- strange but true. A semi skidded & fell over here in Cincy several years back, coating the highway with a lovely few tons of fat. After 3 or 4 days of trying everything else, they finally used some Dawn precursor donated by Procter & Gamble & ***bingo**** a nice clean highway!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.