Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

seeds growing in little pots. I have corn, collards, about twelve different kinds of tomatoes, lettuce, pumpkins, watermelon, celery, various herbs, potatoes, eggplant, cucumbers, and more.... I've also got impatiens and geraniums.

It took me over three hours to do it all. I've got two of the trays on heating mats and the garden light situated so that it gets on all the plants. I'll just keep rotating the trays.

This is my first time sowing seeds. Any advice? I'm nervous that it won't go well and I'll have to buy seedlings.

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Don't let the soil go dry but don't overwater! Relax and let nature do the job...

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

I have found that putting a little cling-wrap loosely over top of pots helps to create a greenhouse and keeps the top of soil moist. It helps the new little seedlings that emerge to keep the humidity up for a couple of days this way. I have started lots of seeds only to have them dry up and shrivel up a few days after. The little roots are so shallow, that if the soil drys up just a little, it can be fatal for the plants. The little mini greenhouse helps to prevent this. Good luck.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.