Canna Greenhouse

Louisville, KY

I have cannas already over three feet tall. I hope to have them flowering soon. But this year the fight for room has been a bit rough. I will be starting a lot of the cannas a bit later in the season when I can make more room by clearing out the other tropicals.

Thumbnail by bwilliams
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Wow Brian, those have grown quickly from the last pic you posted.

Corning, NY(Zone 5a)

WOW, Very nice.
Do you sell your plant's? Or are they all to keep?
I bought Milk Festival, but I would love to get my hands on a tall white. :)Anita

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

I just moved to my new property--had to move my greenhouses---start over.
I have plans for a canna greenhouse but wasnt sure if they would sell very well for the expense that it takes to grow them. I am starting on the project this year and having them ready next year. I only have 30 varieties so far. but have many hundreds of bulbs.
I order canna rhizomes from Horn Canna.

Thats an extremely full house there Brian.
How big is it?
And same question----do you sell yours?
Do they selll well?
how much do you charge for your cannas?

ill stop pestering you for now.

Cricket

Louisville, KY

We have 5 heated greenhouses I have three like this one 50ft long and 20 feet wide. The largest is 80 feet long 30 feet wide and 22ft tall.

I am not really sure what you can get away with on the threads as far as pricing and talking about selling. As the forum is not for promotional use. I have to say that I have never really meet a wealthy person who sold hobbiest plants personally. Some are well off and some bairly holding on not larger comercial nurseries who sell in bulk usually make a good income. I am trying a few other things personally. I like breeding new plants and hope that a few can help fund my operations here. As for having a small greenhouse to sell cannas from. Their would be a lot of factors to say how much they could make. Are they rare cannas for common forms. Is the area you live in into cannas? Is your buisness well known? Are your prices competitive. Do your plants look amazing?
I do a few plant shows every spring and if a canna is nice and in flower they are gone. One thing I find interesting is locally the old hybrids move well but the new stuff not as much but online it is the opposite.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Well, I only moved 3 miles down the road from where i did live. Now i am on the main road and the traffic is very busy. The greenhouses sit on the road front. I have 10 acres of cleared land. I have one seedling house that is 12x40 , 2 16x96 greenhouses and working on #3. Will work on #4 and #5 next year.
All my customers know I have moved and I am sure to get many many new ones.
Some are very interested in cannas.
I wasn't looking to buy your cannas, I was looking for information on how much cannas sell for . I normally sell young 1 gallon pots for $5. Am also wanting to grow them until they start blooming and setting them out front as nice display to draw attention. Blooms always sell.
My greenhouse business is much more than just a hobby. And really never expect to get rich.
And i have specialty cannas and regular cannas.
I also have a produce stand. I grow my veggies and sell them.
I also have a mini orchard of fruit trees and vines.

I think i should maybe venture on to the business greenhouse clubs on the internet.

Hope i didnt offend anyone by talking business in the canna forum.
I promise I am not looking to sell cannas here.

Curiosity killed the cat is all.

Cricket

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.