Welcome!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

By popular request, a forum just for Canna lovers!

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

YES!

You are the greatest!

Thanks! Will you tell my kids that? Please????

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

Whew, I just can't get over my excitement!

Thank you so very much. I know that creating a new forum is much work
for you, but please know how much we all will appreciate and respect this
forum.

I promise to keep my room clean, I'll do the dishes, I'll even clean windows
to thank you.

I'm going to have a wonderful day! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

LOL Wuvie, you're too funny!

Thanks Terry, Dave & Trish!

Wow!!!
This is terrific! And I got to be a part of it ! WooooHooooo!!!!
also, thanks Wuvie, for giving me a head's up!
I've grown cannas for years and years, but just got my digital camara last year, so I won't have much in past pictures to share, but can certainly help with growing questions, soil, water needs, division, storing, etc. I'm really excited about our new forum.
Thanks so much Terry. I, too, promise not to abuse this forum in any respect.
Deanna

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

thank you Terry! i Canna wait to post pictures and glean knowledge from this great new forum. debi

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Hooray for Terry...you can be our Canna Queen! (dropping into a deep curtsey) I for one will always be your loyal subject.
Pati

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

And look at all the posts from the past, this is great!

Susan
=^..^=

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Thanks Dave. Terry and the rest of the crew.
i am expecting some more seeds so this is greate :0))
Janett

Corning, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh, I LOVE this place, just ask & you shall receive, Terry, Dave & Trish Thank you all so much:) You guy's are awesome!!!!!!!

Trish, it will soon be time to get you some Hosta:) I will need your mailing info if it's not on the address exchange, I will also be adding Canna,s:)Anita

(Zone 5b)

I'm glad to have this forum too - thanks!

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

Okay, now how about a Sushi bar?

;-)

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

LOL, this is great.
Time to mark a new forum to watch.
Look forward to info, and more pictures!
Thanks Terry, Dave etc....!

Jackie

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

OH,Goody, Goody, Goody!!!! A Canna forum. =o)) Thanks Terry ,Dave & Trish, you are the greatest!!............Lauri

Louisville, KY

I am sure I will be using this forum often. It already looks like I have. Glad to have it thanks.

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks so much! Having a separate forum for Cannas can get the enthusiasts united for discussion and exchanging pics and updates. Very happy to have it!
:)

groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

how great is this....i just started coming to dg and was looking for anything canna....and then yesterday afternoon i see this!!!! i now know i'm not alone with my gargage full of tubes of cannas waiting to be planted!

Drumheller, Alberta, Canada(Zone 3a)

Thanks so much gang, we really appreciate it!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

I too was happy to see this forum get started, and looking at the lineup of photos already, I can see I'll be here for awhile.

Thanks for all you do for us. This administration actually cares about its members.

Oakland, OR(Zone 8a)

Thank you so very much. Now, to line up my questions! Dotti

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi Terry,
Thanks to you and Dave for this forum.
Thanks for coming to get me ..LOL
I will try to help where I can.

All best wishes to the Canna Forum at Dave's Garden!
Hi and Welcome to Everyone here!!
~Alice

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Canna I have sushi on my patio underneath my potted cannas! I love sushi!

I can't believe I was in on the launch of this new forum. Leave it to the newbie babies who just bawl until they get what they want!

THANKS TERRY! P.S. Are you a man or a woman? I thought you were a guy.

Orlando, FL

Hi all,
I too love canna's and will be happy to exchange with anyone. Just got a new one at walmart the other day and put them in the gound right away. never seen one like the one I got before. It's called Princess Di.
When it spreads I will be happy to exchange for some other color.
Love this forum. Thanks, Fran

benjamin2, I'm a "she" - I just spell my nickname funny ;o)

Thanks Terry and the Dave-bunch for adding this forum.....let the games begin!

groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

well i'm getting ready to pot some up in a few weeks and always need to remember the do's and don't. i just posted the below pic on another thread about container planting. the DON'T's! shoot...i had no idea i had put the largest type canna in the pots in front of my home last year...when they ended up at 22 to feet high and weighing a ton i thought....uhnnnnn...maybe this type should have gone directly into the ground!

i have some great rare cannas coming this year and they have to go into pots because i was told they will fair best in a confined more protected area. so.......i'm wheeling out my 40 ten gallon pots and will slowing begin filling them all. ahhhhhh for the love of canna!

Thumbnail by tobee43
Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Hi tobee, you said rare??? Are they heirlooms?? May I ask who your source is? I have heirlooms and am going to wait untill summer bloom to send photos in for ID....Lauri

Thumbnail by lauriwilson
groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

laurie, rare to me that is. here's a list other than the regulars or commons like red strip, mactro, pacific beauty, orange punch, princess di etc.... i'm putting in this year...and....

new white
pink sunburst
white flaccida
australia
stuttgard
howzat...my favorite
intrigue
skyhawk
frenchvanilla
constitution
cleopatra
ermine

the whites are SUPPOSED to be rare from what i understand and the howzat oh wow on that one! i have a few sources but karchesky canna is really great. she carries TONS of heirlooms you will love the site. alhttp://www.karcheskycanna.com/ so we had terrible problems with the tropicana and i had to order an expensive one direct from a breeder since all the ones up here were diseased! so i'm starting over with that one.

and laurie your's looks beautiful too!!!!

This message was edited Mar 27, 2006 6:04 PM

This message was edited Mar 27, 2006 6:12 PM

This message was edited Mar 27, 2006 6:13 PM

Thumbnail by tobee43

tobee.....Great combo of cannas and EE's! I'm big into the colored foliage too, they really look wonderful together. Keep the pics coming!
MerryMary

I just bought some named Milk Fest(--?) . Don't know anything about them, except that they're dwarf (which I'm not really into as much as a the tall or colored leaf varieties, but wanted a white bloom. We'll see? Anyone know of another that has a white bloom (not pastel yellow or pink) ?
MerryMary

groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

thanks so much! merrymary garden grower..hehehe ( i LOVE that!)

it surely is a challege up here in zone 4!! let me tell ya!

groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

merrymary...check out my list it has 3 whites...

new white

frenchvanilla

white flaccida

i'm looking for the "truest" white of whites!

Well tobee....we'll experiment and post pics, and between the 2 of us, hopefully can come up with the best white there is!
I'm looking at your list above, to see if there's anything I'm missing....I'm not familiar with the "Skyhawk". What color is that one?

groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

here's the skyhawk.it's tall. really dark dark dark chocolate leaves with tiny red flowers. you have to check out the site...you'll kill me because she has the best cannas anywhere!

Thumbnail by tobee43
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Wow, Skyhawk is gorgeous! I'm trying to restrain myself....but now I have to go to her website!

Skyhawk is gorgeous! I'm glad I asked now! Thanks for sharing the pic with us tobee!

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

Tobee,

*cough* *choke* *sputter*

OH MY GAWRSH! How beautiful! Thank you for sharing that picture, wow!

Your 22 footers, may I ask which one grew to such a wonderful height?

groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

wuvie.....ah....tobee43 the big master gardener top in my class can NEVER remember a single name of any plant....for that matter i never remember my kids names either!!! (the truth!) and they are 28 and 29 now you'd think i could remember...i just say to them "you....whatever your name is"...."the easy labor" and the "one that took a little longer!"

anyway...i THINK this is called Canna indica 'Red Stripe' it's only supposed to get 8 feet or so but it went crazy in a pot. those you see are in pots even though you can't see the pots anymore. one reason i do them in pots is the sooner they root bound the sooner the flower. which is nothing to write home about...it's tiny but the leaves are so beautiful and soooooooo large.

merrymary...that will be fun. some of the whites look like they have color in them but i think i found at least one with white on white...i hope , i hope! it took years to find a "true" yellow on yellow. which now the howzat is not only yellow on yellow but deep "coffee" colored leaves! can't wait to see!

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Tobee,
What size pot did your 22' grow in? All my plants are in containers, but this is my first year for Cannas. I want to give them enough room.

I can't dig holes to plant in the ground, so when I place a new plant I cut a piece of the bottom out, sit it where I want it, and the roots just find their way out..Works great for me. I have a Mexican Flame Vine that has covered two high Oak trees and it's in a little nursery pot. LOL

This also solves the problem of having to drag all those containers in during hurricanes. They just dig their toes in and hold on!
Pati

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.