Ranunculus????

Chickamauga, GA(Zone 7a)

I was at Walmart today and saw a gorgeouse big pot of something called Ranunculus atleast that is what I remember it being called....does this sound right? They were soooo pretty!!! Can anyone tell me anything about them??? And where I could find some that werent prettied up in a pot for a fortune? I would love a ton of them!

How do they grow in our climate? Last a while?

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

you buy them in the fall at like lowes or home depot. they are corms or bulb type thingyies.

they have to have a cold spell so i put them in the fridge for awhile.

they really dont do well for me once it starts getting warmer. i believe its the heat.

they dont like to be soggy. they will rot easy. but they are worth it. i like them but usually only buy one ba. that way if i do lose any iam not out too much.

Augusta, GA

I love them too but haven't had much luck either. I think I either plant them too early or too late, but they are definitely not heat lovers! Also, I don't think you can leave them in the ground...at least they did not return when I did!

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

That's been my experience too. They aren't cold hardy, they disappear when it gets too hot, and they rot too easily. Beautiful flowers but treat them as throwaways for the most part.

Chickamauga, GA(Zone 7a)

Well then they dont sound very fun now do they???

Atlanta, GA

I have tried to grow them several times here in Atlanta, but have never had any luck.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.