Who can name her?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

New computer. Spent the last two days transferring old files from the old computer to this one. A headache, but I'm almost through it now. In the process, I stumbled across a bunch of pictures from last summer.

Any guesses on who this beauty is?

Scott

Thumbnail by Decumbent
Elburn, IL(Zone 5a)

Magnolia ashei?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Three minutes!!! Kevin! Dang you!

Scott

Elburn, IL(Zone 5a)

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

Scott,
Nice picture!

What kind of computer did you buy? I just purchased a new iMac (have always used PC's) and I am scared to death to take it out of the box and begin to move of all of the pictures and music and crap. (I'm going to use my iPod as a hard drive to help move data).
Thanks,
Mike

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I got an Emachine T6420 with Windows XP and a Digital Media Manager. I'm not sure what to do with the Digital Media part. Transferring stuff from the old computer was a nightmare. I suppose I could have networked them through the router, but even knowing that that might be possible is probably too technical for me. I eventually just copied a lot of things to disc and then copied them to the new harddrive. It worked.

The thing I like about Magnolia ashei is that it stays small enough to enjoy the flowers...or at least in theory it does. And the flowers are big and fragrant and wonderful. Only good for about a day or two, I think, based on my one year of the tree producing flowers.

Scott

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Hey! There's no picture of it in Plant Files. Will you please add yours?

Hey, there's no photo for this magnolia either and I know you have this one too-
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/2454/index.html

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I added my photo of M. ashei. I don't really have any photos of M. tripetela yet, although I could easily go get a picture of the parent of all my seedlings.

Scott

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.