repotting eggplants

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

here is a picture of my black beauty and cloud nine plants which i just repotted into 4 inch containers. will go down to basement this morning under lights until ready to go into garden.

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Wow! That's healthy looking than mine. Mine is growing so slowly..

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Beautiful starts Herbie. I usually set my eggplant out under Reemay or the flea beetles riddle the leaves.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

i'm hoping that having them in containers on my deck will solve that problem.

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Looking good Herbie. I found the deck method does work against flea beetles. I gave up on growing eggplats because of them but put a plant on my deck last summer and it was free of all insect damage.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

here are the eggplants on april 7th

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

here theyare today

wrong picture again. will post later

This message was edited Apr 15, 2006 5:48 PM

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

here is the right one

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Can you believe that none of my EP's have germinated yet??? Weird. I'm sure they will show their sorry sevles one of these days...

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

these are the lastest pics of the eggplants. can't wait to get them outside

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Sequee,

Mine took about two weeks to germinate. Have yours come up yet? I had great germination except for the Thai Green Pea, i only got 25% not sure if you got that one... I don't know if it was the seed or if the seed was so small that they dried out.

Benton City, WA(Zone 6a)

I just set mine outside. They are doing really well too. Sagewood.

Lancaster, PA(Zone 6b)

I've found that if the plants are large enough when planted outdoors, there is much less damage from flea beetles. I've also been able to control any flea beetle problem by just squishing them while they're on the leaves. You must be quick, and persistend, though!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.