wanted: pink wisteria

Ocean Springs, MS

Does anyone have a cutting or a start of pink wisteria? I have looked for them on Ebay and other nursery sites. The prices range fron $14.99 for a 12" plant (2 years old) to 29.99 for a gallon plant. I'd be glad to send money for postage. Thanks, julie

Mc Call Creek, MS

Julie, I'm right up the road from you. I have a pretty pink one. I don't have any rooted pieces of it but it might put out some runners this spring. I'll let you know if I spot one.

Thumbnail by TrixieM
Mc Call Creek, MS

I also have a white wisteria that blooms pink when the sporadic blooms appear in the summer.

Thumbnail by TrixieM
Mc Call Creek, MS

This is a picture of a flower on the same plant in the summer.

Kay

Thumbnail by TrixieM
Ocean Springs, MS

I'll take cuttings or runners. Let me know when you're ready to help. Thanks so much! I have "Black Dragon" wisteria and evergreen wisteria, so I'll trade you for the pink. Thanks so much, julie

Mc Call Creek, MS

Julie, what is Black Dragon? I already have evergreen.

Really no trade needed. Postage will be good, or if you want you can come up and pick them up and see what other goodies I might have for you. You're no more than a little over an hour away.

I'd also rather give you rooted pieces. Cuttings can sometimes be so disappointing. Pretty sure the white/pink has at least one runner. 'Not sure about the pink. I'll look tomorrow and let you know.

Kay

Ocean Springs, MS

I'd love to visit, but I'm barely keeping up with my family. We have our Spring Break April 10-14 ( I teach school), so I can plan a trip then. Here's a pic of the Black Dragon.
http://www.bigdipperfarm.com/cgi-bin/searchall.pl
You'll have to scroll down the page to see it. Thanks so much. Call me if you want
228-218-4051 or send me your number and I'll call you. Thanks again, julie

Mc Call Creek, MS

Julie, that is really beautiful! I'd love to get a start of it from you.

I went out today and looked at my wisteria. Neither of them has any runners rooted. So I just took cuttings and put them in pots. I've never tried to root wisteria before, so I don't know if that will work or not.

If it does not work, I can weight some limbs down to the ground with bricks and root them that way. That is a sure fire way, but it might take a while since I don't have any long runners right now because of the way I prune. I keep mine cut back to form a trunk and make tall bushes. They'll be sending out long shoots pretty soon.

I'm going to send you a D-Mail.

Ocean Springs, MS

I finally got some of my black dragon to root last year (put them in perlite in a soda bottle that was cut in half. Put the top of bottle back on for moisture). They rooted, but Katrina took them. My brother ahs them in his yard, and he has told me that I can have all I want. So, I will definitely bring you a couple when I visit. Thanks, julie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.