Spinach Up!

Naperville, IL

I live in the Chicago suburban area and have a large veggie garden, but I really enjoy starting lettuce, spinach, and radishes early in large pots on the patio. I picked up a 50 cent pack of Bloomsdale spinach and scratched the top of the mostly frozen pot and planted it on Feb. 22. It's now sprouted and should come through OK in spite the cold weather we're having. What fun it will be to eat that early spinach salad!

I also usually plant Silvery Fir Tree tomatoes in a pot in the summer...as well any pepper plants I have left over from the large garden. They really blend in well with the flowers.

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi therealapplefan!

I'm originally from Chicago but now live in Los Angeles, but I know what you mean about being able to plant you spinach and lettuce. I just cut down one of my lettuce "bowls" that i have had growing on my balcony for like the last month or so, and my spinach is ready to be cut now as well.

All of my pepper plants have flower buds on them now (those are in the warm window sill) I always have tons of seeds to trade or give away, so let me know if you need any.

kanita

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Silvery Fir Tree tomatoes?! Tell me more - any seeds available?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.