Oh my...have I got to change some things

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Well, I went to the doctor's this week for my check-up, so that I could get refills on my diabetic medication. I try to be good about eating....but,

my sugar was terrible. 351 Wednesday night and if anyone knows what the A1C is (3 mth averaging of sugar), mine was 8.3. 11 is very bad...they'd like it to be 6 or under.

The doctor increased my diabetes meds, put me back on cholesterol meds. I have no health insurance and pay a lot every month for my scripts....around $500 mth. What a thing it would be to not have to take the meds anymore because I've gotten my sugar down to a good spot and lost some weight.

I'm getting a tread mill; even though we have the farm, it is not the kind of exercise that is recommended as "exercise". It is work! stop and go, stop and go...that's what they tell me. There are a lot of things I can't do as far as my legs because I've had both of my knees operated on many years ago and I've been limited on my physical abilities there.

I need help here folks. I need some good tasty recipes, low carb, low sodium, low fat and some healthy eating suggestions.

I trust you all, so I am turning to you for guidance :) Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kathy

Edited to say, I am allergic to seafood, so no seafood recipes :(

This message was edited Mar 20, 2006 9:44 AM

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!