March daily weather, Spring is springing!!!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

It's the first day of Spring and expected to get to 80º here today. Right now it's
Jacksonville, Florida
Elevation: 37 ft / 11 m
62.2 °F / 16.8 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 54 °F / 12 °C
Wind: 4.9 mph / 7.9 km/h from the NNE
Hope you will all join us here for daily reports.
I planted these this last week.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi Sugar!! Glad you're home again, and I know your plants are too! Going to get up to 85° today. Small cold front coming through here Wednesday, and bigger one on Friday, down to 50° that night. Thursday we MIGHT get some rain, sure do need it.
Pati

Observed At: Ft Pierce, Florida
Elevation: 23 ft / 7 m

72 °F / 22 °C
Clear
Humidity: 73%
Dew Point: 63 °F / 17 °C
Wind: 7 mph / 11 km/h from the South

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We woke up to thunderstorms this morning. They are supposed to be out of the area by 10 am and then it will be sunny and 82°. The rest of the week is going to be sunny and 60-ish, which sounds very nice. :-)

Current conditions:

Fog/Mist 72°F (22°C)
Humidity: 91 %
Wind Speed: S 12 MPH
Barometer: 29.60" (1002.7 mb)
Dewpoint: 69°F (21°C)
Visibility: 6.00 mi.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

It's 36 degrees and grey with blustery NE winds. I heard snow for eastern Iowa this morn, but I don't turn on the TV durring the day unless severe weather is expected. Even then, I'm usually on the porch trying to spot the weather while tornado warnings are all over the TV. I've never said I was the brightest crayon in the box!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Billy, just be the best color you can be. LOL

Low this morning - on my thermometer - 28*
Right now - it's up to 44* already out there
High [?] today 57*
Humidity 67%
DP: 24*

The WC on tv, the WC on the internet, and my local tv station Do NOT agree with each other on most of these... by switching back and forth the humidity varies by as much as 5 percent from one to the other... the temps don't even agree -- so where are they getting the info?

Here's this morning's apricot blooms

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Yesterday it clouded up and got dark and acted like it wanted to rain but didn't. It is doing the same thing today.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Northwestern Missouri It is the FIRST DAY OF SPRING and I'm so glad about that but the weather here is anything but springlike today........
About a week ago we were having numerous tornados(confimed) moving thru Missouri and today we are under a winter storm warning and expecting several inches of blowing snow tonight and in the morning. Winter was springlike and now spring is starting out winterlike.

cuckoo

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

42.3°, 88%, Raining

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

It's mid-winter cold around here. Lows in the teens Highs in the 30s, windy too.
Dew point is 4. That's not Spring! ! !
Brrrr.
Andy P

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

We are getting some much needed rain- PTL!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Blooms, your apricot blooms are beautiful. Got up to almost 44 degrees today. But still windy. Worked outside for 1 hour. Must do that each day until warmer weather comes or I will be to stiff to put in the hours required in April LOL.
Claire

We're getting a little bit of drizzle right now.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I will Blooms.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

/;-)~

They could have told me this last night! Went out this morning and everything just blowing helter-skelter. As usual, they missed it on the gusts....believe me when I say those gusts are more than 30MPH!....and it's going to be almost 90° today.

No rain for weeks and now the wind just sucking the moisture out of the plants......mumble.....grumble.....whine.

Pati, with an attitude!

"The National Weather Service in Melbourne has issued a lake Wind
Advisory today for strong and gusty southwest winds developing
shortly after sunrise and continuing through the afternoon.
Sustained winds near 20 mph with gusts of 30 mph will be common"

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Pati, know what you mean.... our wc changes our forecast about ten times a day.... trying to keep up with what's actually happening ... or NOT happening. I think the rules are changing as to storm movements.

Right now it is 41F out there with a brisk wind chilling it way beyond my willingness to go out and clip thngs back in the garden. Maybe tomorrow.

They claim a snowstorm is gonna blow thru. well blow is right. snow?? i doubt it. That's really for those spring skiers up in the powder country in the mtns by SLCity. they love their spring skiing. LOL
I really wish it would rain a bit. With this wind going my ground will again be soooo dry. If it doesn't give us any outta this - I'm hauling out the hose.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

I forgot to say... those tulips at the top banner may be the only ones I get to see..... aren't they wonderful??
oh, I know there will be some - soon.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Rats! We have some lovely tomatoes, squash, etc. doing well in the garden, and now have frost predicted for the weekend. BooHoo.

Yes, those tulips are great and soooo pretty.
Had a smidgen of rain.
Jacksonville, Florida
78.1 °F / 25 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 67%
Dew Point: 66.2 °F / 19 °C
Wind: 8.7 mph / 14 km/h from the WSW

Darius, do you want me to bring some extra old sheets to the RU for future situations like this?
Sidney

Sidney, I think there are enough black nursery pots here to cover everything. But, Thanks for the offer! Many things still in 4" pots and those can go in the shed.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Pati, when it comes to the weather and our plants, we ALL have an atitude. I fret over not enough rain. It's hard not to blame the weather man, but.........

Our 1/4'' of snow is melting fast. The sun is almost out.

Pahrump, NV(Zone 8b)

Rained at least a little every day here, odd but good. Especially odd after record breaking rainfall just last year. Dunno if this is a fluke or an actual trend but between what I can see with my own eyes and looking at NOAA's charts, soil moisture has never been higher here.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

It looks that the big cold wave is pushing southward. 2 inches of snow to start spring off. It hasn't been very warm here for..........several days.
Well, lawn mowing time can wait......ha.

Blooms, I think those tulips are Angelique like my mother used to grow.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

But Indy, I can't wait to mow the lawn! My neighbor and I agree on that. She slipped a belt last year so I got a jump on her.

We got about 0.15 inches of rain last night, but I would like to see at least one good rainfall, like around an inch or so, before the "rainy" season is over.

Sunny and windy today.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Billy, you jumped on your neighbor?

A small spit of rain/sleet yesterday, lasted all of 3-5 minutes
Mostly sunny with a few clouds today
High 61* right now 35*
Low 30*
Hum 70%
DP 28*

Has anyone else noted that when the temp drops to the DP they change the DP to a lower number?

WC just said the whole state of Oklahoma is a disaster area because of the lack of rain.

Blooms, "Grapes of Wrath" conditions? I just have to wonder where this will all end. I just hate it when I've been grumbling and whinning about the weather here, and then have to face up to how spoiled and selfish I sound. (sigh)
Pati

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Pati, that 'Grapes of Wrath' feeling comes over me too when I am listening to the news.

Yeah... hope we are NOT heading back there. Sigh.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

They are making a VERY big deal here about a slight chance of sprinkles later today. woo-hoo! LOL We're having a pleasantly cool week here. The high today is going to be 62°. This would be a great time to move my bushes except I broke my shovel. Oops... Maybe I can borrow the neighbor's.

Mostly Cloudy 54°F (12°C)
Humidity: 62 %
Wind Speed: NE 13 MPH
Barometer: 30.21" (1023.4 mb)
Dewpoint: 41°F (5°C)
Wind Chill: 50°F (10°C)

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Thanks Pati (re previous thread) but it's gonna end (sooner rather than later......I hope;)

Not bad today
Observed At: Moose Jaw, CA
Elevation: 1893 ft / 577 m
[Scattered Clouds]
28 °F / -2 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 64%
Dew Point: 18 °F / -8 °C
Wind: 17 mph / 28 km/h from the ESE
Pressure: 30.59 in / 1036 hPa
Windchill: 16 °F / -9 °C
Visibility: 15.0 miles / 24.1 kilometers
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Few 2500 ft / 762 m

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I shouldn't have Blooms. She's older than me and I try to respect my elders,. Especially since I'll be one myself in another 30 years.( :>)

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Danville tonicetoworkinside - 50.9°, 32% Had to do an emercency water infussion into the trays on the kitchen table don't thing anything died!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sugarweed, my question about your flowering crabapple bush got left on the old threads. Do you have a latin name on it? I love it! Hope I got the name of it right.

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Northwestern missouri Mostly sunny, breezy, but cool(40's) today.They cried wolf on our recent forecast on spring day about lots of snow. Our precip. was measurable in a few hundreths of an inch and the heavy snows went north of us. Thats O.K. but we could have used the moisture like so many other places that are dry.
I'm anxious to get my martin house up now that the weather is nicer. I here that martins are in central Missouri and some are moving further north.

cuckoo

That's what DM called it, flowering crabapple bush. It also doesn't bear fruit. I looked here http://aoeu.davesgarden.com/pf/search.php?search_text=+crabapple++&images_prefs=both&Search=Search
Will take further pictures and cuttings when I go back next week.
It's coolish here and I worked outside all day.
Jacksonville, Florida
56.7 °F / 13.7 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 44.2 °F / 6 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/hNE
Highs around 60º and lows 40º
sidney

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I looked at your link, but i don't think it's there. Do you prune it or is it naturally small? I really like it.

I'm sure Mother pruned it, and I will prune and root all I can. It is the first sign of spring. The lady across the street is very plant savvy and she will know what strain it is maybe.
Cool, cloudy, and damp.
Sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.