Confusion about Munich Bier radishes

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

All this talk about radishes made me want to try something different. In Cook's garden catalog they mention one named Munich Bier radish described as a black skinned type sown in mid summer for fall harvest, to be eaten with butter, salt and beer. I'm not sure about that.... but on their website it is described as a white skinned long tapered radish. Any one know for sure what it is? White or black skinned?

Thank you very much Farmerdill. Your agricultural knowledge is vast and amazing. And you seem to find the most arcane facts pertaining to vegetables with ease and speed. Apparently the Cook's Garden paper catalog made an error when it described the Munich Bier radish as black skinned. And it being a fall radish, not what I'm looking for right now anyway. Since I have seed for three other varieties of radish, I'll use what I have, but I may also want to try the Reggae, probably because it sounds exotic. I just want a mild sweet radish that doesn't go pithy and bitter the minute it gets hot.
Thanks again.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Arcane = Only possesed in the minds of those who know the whole picture.
Radishes are the best Dessert, snack, and flavor to those who need to lower the carbs.

Soferdig, I am definitly in that catagory. I may need to develop a taste for MORE radishes.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Try some Daikons at your local grocery store. Take a knife and slice off a tip. They vary a lot in flavor. Pick the sweet not bitter one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.