Problems with Java

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Back in January I upgraded my Norton Antivirus and along with it came a program called GoBack. After that I had numerous problems with my computer. One being that it would not shut down. Since that time, I have removed the GoBack from Norton and everything is working like it should, except one thing.

After the upgrade, my son was no longer able to get into Pogo.com games. The error message says that Java is not installed or disabled. After numerous times of uninstalling and reinstalling Java (and verifying that it is installed correctly) he still is not able to get into Pogo. I'm pretty sure that there is some little 'something' that we are not seeing. Would anyone have any suggestions?

Here is what the Java console says

Java Plug-in 1.5.0_06
Using JRE version 1.5.0_06 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:Documents and SettingsOwner

----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to
----------------------------------------------------

jvm test passed
Sun Microsystems Inc.
jvm test passed
Sun Microsystems Inc.
Sat Mar 18 14:48:10 CST 2006 thread applet-com.pogo.client.jvminfo.JVMInfoApplet.class JVMInfoApplet.init()Java 1.5.0_06 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Windows XP 5.1 (x86)
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; AOL 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

This thread has 32 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!