Do any of you grow Tall Bearded Iris in Az.

Gilbert, AZ

This message was edited Aug 4, 2006 9:33 PM

Gilbert, AZ

This message was edited Aug 4, 2006 9:34 PM

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi Linda,

Sadly, there are not too many "commercial" iris gardens in AZ. I can think of one - in Phoenix - - Ardi Kary's Iris Gardens. She doesn't have an online website, but here is her e-mail address: ArdiKary@aol.com I believe she does have catalogs.

There is also a grower in Prescott, AZ. that sells irises. He's not online either. If you want I can look that information up for you.

As for what to feed them. I basically use Colorburst (15-30-15), cottonseed meal, alfalfa meal, and triple super phosphate. I buy all these and then make my own mix for the fall. In the spring - - I'll use a liquid fertilizer....................Bloom Booster (15- 45-15 or is it 15-60-15 (?). At any rate - - that's the correct name. :-)

Many others of us here in AZ - - buy, sell, or trade our extra irises with each other on the side.

I hope some of that info helps you.
~ Margie

Prescott, AZ

Linda, happened to see your post, and I have lived in Prescott for about a year, and found the Iris grower by accident, last spring. It's Golden Iris, I believe. He usually puts out an ad in May in the local paper, to come order iris's from his field, then you pick up bulbs in August. The ones' I bot last year are up and getting ready to bloom, I am so excited!

I will try to remember to forward info from his ad, later this year, as I cannot find a phone number for him, or my receipt from last year.
Good luck with yours!

Gilbert, AZ

This message was edited Aug 4, 2006 9:34 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.