Cambistat & construction damage

Lombard, IL(Zone 5b)

Anybody out there use Cambistat for root regeneration following excavation adjacent to trees? I am an engineer for a municipality and was thinking about adding this to our spec for tree protection. We do some major excavation adjacent to mature trees here and was just wondering what peoples' opinions of this product are. Any info or good links to studies would be great. Thanks

Don't hate me for hurting trees; it pays the bills for the new trees I buy for home. We actually do a lot for trees on construction sites here and I am a tree nut and in charge of the construction, so I do everything we can to minimize the impact.

Naperville, IL(Zone 5b)

You might want to get in touch with Dr. Gary Watson at The Morton Arboretum--he was involved in some of the pioneering work using cambistat with trees and shrubs at the Arboretum and at other sites throughout the Chicago area.

Lombard, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks. I saw that they were doing research there on Cambistat and have read some of their articles on their website. I'll ask Mr Watson if they have tried this with any local municipalities with any success. We use it here for some trees in pedestrian malls, more for pruning reasons, and are trying it for a few Oaks, but haven't spec'd it out on large scale construction work yet. Thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.