Euphorbia squarrosa

North Brunswick, NJ

Another Philadelphia Flower Show entry.

Thumbnail by rrog2001
Valley Village, CA

WOW this is really a nice one as well. I just not a good grower, Norma

Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ray,
Love the nice caudex on that one, you grow nice plants.
Btw I was looking for you that Wedn. of the Show, talked to a fellow from the Philly C&S society.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Another awesome one, Ray! I luv the fat bottom plants. I've got a few plants and bought and traded a whole bunch of different kinds of seeds.
:) Donna

North Brunswick, NJ

Thanks for the nice words, ladies! I've grown that plant for almost 14 years, and it's been through some ups and downs. Right now it's about as up as I've ever seen it (and I hope I didn't jinx it just now!). Keeping it out of strong sun and never giving it a whole lot of water seem to do the trick. It's by far my nicest-looking caudiciform.

RUK - glad you connected with someone at the PCSS exhibit at the Show. Did you pick up a copy of our culture handbook? I produced the 2006 revision, and it's pretty good, if I say so myself. Where is Fair Lawn? Maybe we could cross paths sometime - maybe at the nursery where I do all of my growing for the Flower Show?. I'm smack in the middle of NJ.

Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ray,
no I didn't get a copy, sorry. I may have to look next year for it then....
Fair Lawn isn't that far from you, travel the Turnpike north, then Parkway north to near Exit 156. Fair Lawn is 5' away from Paramus.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Hi, NJ. What is the culture handbook? Is it information on how to start different seeds? If so, I would luv to get one.
:) Donna

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

Wow! Your plant looks great. Thanks.

I have this plant as well, and, as it so often happens, lost the tag, so now I will have to make a new tag for it. Segueing into talking about tags, are there plastic markers made that are more resistant to age/sun/ water, etc.? It is hard enough keeping the name from fading (soft pencil seems to work best), but as the tags age, they they become very brittle and crack into pieces. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Susan in Minneapolis

Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

I do write the name many times straight on the side of the pot with a special marker made for writing tags or writing on glass. It has helped me when the tag cracked or disappeared.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.