Shipping question for Rion GH46 owners

Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

The shipping info states 1 package with the following specifications. Can this possibly be correct?

50"L x 26"W x 10"H
82 pounds

Is that possible? Only one package that size contains the entire greenhouse? It seems to me it would *have* to be in probably 6 boxes of that dimension.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I'd say, no it's not possible. I have the 8x12 and I think mine came in about 8 boxes. Each box contains so many sheets of the polycarb and so many pieces of the pvc structure. I am thinking 4' extensions come in one box with the 8x8 standard greenhouse in several boxes.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Here are SOME of my parts sorted. You can see how many parts and boxes there are and this is not everything.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

That's what I figured. It must be coming in mulitple shipments.

Thanks.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Your name is cute. :)

Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

Thanks. I've had it a LONG time. =)

I saw you were looking for a certain rex Begonia (Escargot). I'm also searching for that plant, but having difficulty in finding it, aside from it's original source. Have you had any luck in procuring a specimen or two?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I haven't gotten one yet. :( My taste in plants jumps around so much that I forget what I wanted yesterday. I recently bought a tray of rex plugs and 1/2 is different reds and the other 1/2 is different greens. I'm sure I won't be lucky enough to get Escargot but I am hoping for some interesting ones! I find the red ones freakishly ugly but I think that is why I like them. LOL

Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

Begonia Rex Escargot PPAF is only available from one of McHutchinson, LLC's authorized retailers (there's not many of them), and they specificially list it as "Propagation is prohibited". IIRC that means you could only propagate it for your own use, but can't sell the plants you propagate without a license from McHutchinson. Just wanted to point that out, in case you missed it while researching the plant. No sense getting in trouble over a plant.

This message was edited Mar 18, 2006 9:05 AM

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I actually buy from wholesalers that do have permission to propogate and with several different plants you MUST buy plant tags to accompany each plant. Each tag does say if it cannot be reproduced. :) I am buying from professionals, not with the intention of propogation but for resale.

Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

If you find it (Escargot), at a reasonable price, count me in for a few. =)

Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

Well, it appears the shipping information was wrong. All eight boxes arrived today. Now, if this snow in the forecast doesn't turn out to be too bad... =)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL I bet you only got a partial shipping order the first time. Have fun. Make sure you sort out the parts before you start. It makes things speed right along. :)

Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

Yup. I figured I'd sort it out ahead. Seems to me that it's probably similar to a Lego project, in that you have open every bag/box to complete step 1. =)

Just got done ordering the heating, cooling, irrigation, benches, and controls. *whew* Now I just need to order a clock with more numbers on it. ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.