? about WORMS

Benton City, WA(Zone 6a)

Just wondering if it matters what kind of worms I get. My soil doesn't have that many and I'm thinking of buying some to suppliment. I can get them down at the local gas station, but I'm sure they will be night crawlers or your garden variety brown worms. Just wondering why Red Worms are better, or if these from the station will work just fine?

Thanks, Sagewood

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

They will work just fine, But if you have any at all to begin with, just feed them and they will come. Those things breed fast in moist organic matter. If you don't have a well amended soil, the store bought ones will leave anyway.

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

What would you suggest doing when putting in raised beds? Mine will be 2' deep, but have a concrete barrier between the bed and the rest of the soil. I am purchasing 'organic garden soil' to fill them, but i doubt that it would have many, if any worms in it.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

You are right, In that case, which is essentailly a container since you have a concrete floor, although I hope you arranged for drainage. "Organic garden soil" can be anything so make sure that if does not have composted materials added, you add a goodly amount.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.