working with flax

nelson, New Zealand(Zone 9a)

What do you think of the flax decorations I have made? I attend a crat group once a week and a few weeks ago we were given instructions on making flax flowers. I made one at the class and made another one at home. They are the rounded pieces you can see. I still had some flax leaves soaking in the bath so had to do something with them. I then did a bit of thinking and came up with the other pieces. Does anyone else wprk with flax. if so. I would like to see what you have created. The native peoople of New Zealand do the most wonderful weaving work with flax - cloaks. decorative panels, bags etc., as a rank amatuer I am light years away from the beautiful articles they produce but I as a first attempt i am quite pleased with my creation.

Thumbnail by ferrymead
This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!