got eagle green beans ?

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

I cant find any Eagle green beans to buy..this is a "bean"tastrophie. Does anyone have a source suggestion ?

charlotte :(

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

I'm not familiar with them and couldn't find any mention of them doing a google search. Maybe they are also known by another name. Good luck on finding what you're looking for.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Charlotte, I was waiting for an SSE member to chime in. It was included in the original list in Plantfiles, but no specifications. I have encountered some pretty obscure vendors in trying to update Plantfiles, but never have seen a mention of "Eagle". I suspect that it restricted to SSE members. It is mentioned by Seeds of Diversity, but they do not maintain it.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

It was widely sold here for several years at the local farm/seed stores. Now no one can get it...it was the best bean I ever had. Local store said he could sell 200 pounds of it if he could get it.

I think it may have been vendored by ASgrow. :(

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Charlotte, The NC state Vegetables cultivar list, does list "Eagle" " Eagle (XP B13) - Breeder and vendor: Asgrow Seed Co. Parentage: Roundup x BBL 274. Characteristics: unique, slender podded Tendercrop type; high production; long pods with low fiber; and slow seed development. Resistance: bean virus 1, New York 15. Similar: Tenderette. Adaptation: general. Asgrow Desc. Catalog 1971. PVP. 1972. " Asgrow was taken over by Seminis several years ago and they dropped most of the Asgrow line. Can't find anyone who has picked it up.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

boo hoo hooo

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Charlotte, I have grown Tenderette, and was not overly impressed. But since it is supposed to be similar, you may wish to try it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.