VERY OLD IVORY SOAP BARRELANY INFORMATION ON THIS WELCOME!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

This barrel was found in the basement of my Mom's house after she died in 1983. The house was built around 1935. The barrel was burried in this all-concrete small room in the basement that we thought was a coal room for the heater. My Mom filled this room with cardboard boxes and junk and we had NO IDEA it was there until we were cleaning out the house, after her death, so it could be sold.

I have done some research on it and have contacted the Proctel & Gamble archives people with minimal results. I DO know that it is from the early 1900's. Maybe 1920 or earlier.

It is not in perfect condition. The times spent in the dank basement have taken their toll. There is NO bottom to this barrel. Perhaps the bottom was the top and the soap flakes were removed from it through this opening.

Here are pictures of this barrel. I would like to know it's approxamate value as a collectible. I am willing to sell it for a fair collector's value. I have a round glass top cut to fit it. It has been used a s an "end table" in a room that is not used a lot at all.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!