My favorite species robin

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

I would really like to venture out of the forums I always frequent and meet new people.
I am REALLY into Gesneria and succulents
But I would like to venture outside of the box.>>SOOOOO...I would like to start a round Robin :) Where we each share the species of our passion with their Robin.
What do you think?
If anyone is interested, please post here and let me know :)

Orlando, FL

How do you raise succulents here in fla. I dont have much luck with them. Whats the common name for Gesneria.
Fran

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

My succulents live outside and have had no problems so far.
There are many common names for gessies
African violets
nemtanthus
achimelles
gloxinia
and a few others.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Lorry, I would be interested. Let me know if you get this off the ground.

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Well so far not enough interest but will keep you informed :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Lorry, I just found this! Are we talking seeds, or plants? I know you & I share a passion for AVs, LOL, but I'm also wild about scented geraniums, oriental lilies, and species tulips!

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Hmm...well nothing I grow is a seed thing but leaves or seeds would be fine.
I would say at least 1 or 2 plants and whatever seeds, leaves and whatnot you wish to share with your buddy :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

So, are you thinking "swap" with this rather than "round robin" (where the box would be forwarded from one person to the next, with everyone taking out and putting into the box)?

I think I'd be more in favor of plants than seed for this.... that way, my lack of experience with given genera wouldn't come into play so much. I'd love to have a "special" plant or two of something new!

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Ok let's say plants..and no..I planned on it being a round robin..that way people could add to the box and send it to the next person

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

How do we keep rooted cuttings, plant divisions, etc alive during an extended trip? It's the same problem I ran into.... I was initially thinking of doing an AV leaf swap, where everyone would send me X number of leaves and receive the same number in return from a bunch of different people.... but I was told leaves (even rooted leaves) would not survive a double trip very well.

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Well they would...if they were watered in between

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.