homemade birdbath

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

I was watching this gardening show this morning and the lady hosting it made a homemade birthbath. I loved it! I am going to make one sometime this week. I thought maybe a few of you would like to try this.

She took a 14 inch pot, 12 inch pot, 10 inch pot and painted them all except for the bottom. A pretty large saucer for a pot and painted it also. I think she used 2 thin coats of paint then let dry. She then took the stamps(like the foam art stamps) and used a different color (the color she used for pots was bright blue and gold for stamping) for the stamping. She used moon and stars stamping but u can use anything. She stacked the pots onto each other upside down before stamping. This helps so you don't put stamps where they won't be seen. Then when dry covered pots and saucer in polyurethene(not spelled correct but u get the idea). This made a very nice birdbath.
What do you think?

Kelly

This thread has 21 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!