Wilmington Nurseries ?

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

There are 5 garden centers in WIlmington listed in Carolina Gardener magazine; Pender Pines, Zone 8 Gardens, Cross Seed, Stone Garden and A Proper Place.
I am familiar with Cross as there is one in Charleston but how about the other 4; do you think they are worth a trip to see.
Are there perhaps other nurseries nearby that are not listed but which should be seen? Thanks a

Southport, NC

I've gotten a lot of plants at Zone 8. I'm new to the east coast coming from Santa Barbara, and they were especially helpful getting me informed on things that thrive in the sand. Very nice people and everything is healty and reasonably priced. I would give them a call and tell them what you are looking for, and decide from there. I would hate to send you on a wild goose chase, but like I said, I liked it. Nancy

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Oh, I am not looking for anything specific. I just like to visit nurseries and wanted to know if Wilmington is worth a field trip. Some people visit museums when they travel, I visit nurseries.

Burlington, NC(Zone 7b)

Wilmington would be a good destination for a visit to Orton Plantations - wonderful gardens there in the past and a splash of southern charm as well. Don't forget the Azalea festival is coming up soon. I'm sure you can find this year's information if you google for it.

Swoznick

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.