Searching for a flower.

Olive Hill, KY

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a flower, I have no idea what the name of it is, but my parents had them planted all over our yard when I was little, they dont know the name of it either. I will describe it to you......

The flower stood about 3 or 4 feet tall, it had broad, rather short leaves, at the top, the blooms were about 3inches long. Each of these 3 inch long stems had stick pin size light pink buds, in the buds was a single tiny black seed. If anyone could give me the name of this flower or know how I could find out, please let me know, I'd love to get them growing again.

A second plant, its called Kiss Me And I'll Tell You, I'd like to get some seeds/plants of this plant too.

All responses are greatly appreciated.

My email is mick_lighthouse@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance,
mick_lighthouse

Charlotte, NC(Zone 8a)

Mick,
I found your flower "Kiss-Me-Over-the-Garden-Gate". Its botanical name is Polygonum orientale. It's also know as Smartweed & Knotweed & Prince's Feather. It is a perennial which is grown as a hardy annual. I don't know where you can buy seeds of it.

The other flower reminds me of a Cleome hasslerana, or Spider Flower. Don't go by what I am saying for this flower! There probably is a more accurate guess out there. LOL

Karin

Charlotte, NC(Zone 8a)

Mick,
I happened to find the Polygonum orientale today ONLINE at Select Seeds. They have both the seeds AND the plants.

Karin ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.