Set these out today.....

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

These are called Georgia Sweet by Bonnies Plants. Same as Vidalia but they can't be called that because of patent/copyright infringements. Also planted a few beets. It was in the 70's yesterday, more of the same today!

Thumbnail by Big_Red
Flanders, NJ(Zone 6a)

Lookin' Good Buddy, keep up the good work, and enjoy that weather, I hope it lasts forever, and it makes its way towards my neck of the woods. Danny

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi Danny, good to talk to you again! I'm afraid that the weather we're sending your way isn't too good, looks like it's going to be nasty up there in a day or so.

Oh well, bundle up by the fire with a few seed catalogs and a Mint Julip! ☺

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

Big Red, are those long day or short day onions ? I never can decide which type I'm supposed to plant for big round onions. I'm in zone 6.

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Peggie,

These are short day. In zone 6 you should plant short day or the intermediate type.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

How easy to grow beets? Never grow them before...

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Beets are very easy to grow but in your area you'll have to get them in early. They don't like the scorching heat, they'll get pithy. Also, don't let the ground 'cake' over after a rain right after you sow, they won't come up very well through crusted soil.

Hope this helps.
Red

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.