New guy checking in

Branford, CT

Sorry if this is the wrong board to intoduce myself but I just wanted to say hello. My name is Pete and I live in Branford CT. I grow a little bit of everything but mainly cukes, tomatoes, and my all time favorite, hot peppers. I am a heat freak and love all hot peppers, the hotter the better! I have currently started some new seeds that I received from an online small vendor. I have some chocolate habs, some red savina and some dynamos. I alos have the infamous peter pepper, (not hot). My little sprouts are about 6 inches tall. I had to start very early due to their long flowering time. I am constantly looking for hotter peppers and have been unsuccessfull in finding goat peppers which I understand are mainly from the bahamas. My only other passion is fishing! When Im not planting Im either on the stream catching trout, or on my father in laws boat catching stripers. Well enough about me just want to say that this is a wonderfull site so far and I hope to meet a bunch of people!

Philadelphia, PA

Welcome to Dave's Pete. I think everyone is outside in their garden. Grab a cup of coffee they'll be joining you soon.

Springville, NY

Welcome Pete, I too love growing the hot peppers and fishing. I live in Western NY, but I worked for six months near Boston a few years ago and I went on a couple of fishing charters out of Plymouth. They were phenominal!!!
I grow many different vegetables, but my favorites are tomatoes and peppers. Habaneros are the hottest I have grown so far, and they are awesome. Here I don't get any until the end of August, but it's worth the wait. They are good pickled, dried or frozen, for use all winter.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Ya Pete.
Welcome to our little corner.
Andy P

Edited to say:
Hope you have a camera, we love pics.

This message was edited Mar 11, 2006 1:10 PM

Branford, CT

thank you all. And yes I do have a camera! I will definitely post some pics!

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Pete, If you post a pic of your Stripers be sure to show a yardstick along side of it. We want to be sure that it's 'legal', LOL.
Andy P

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Welcome Pete! We have a great bunch of people here. Looking forward to seeing pics of your garden. I won't tell if your stripers are not legal

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Pete,
I'm not able to get here as often as I'd like, but here's a Hello! and Welcome! from me. :-)
LoraB.

South Plainfield, NJ(Zone 6a)

Hello and welcome!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Hi Pete,
You are in my neighboring town! Welcome!
Normally, I would have responded much quicker but I was away.
Dave

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.