Not meant to be ?

Sultan, WA(Zone 8a)

I've just got to know!

I haven't worn make-up since I got married. For your viewing pleasure I have enclosed a pic. I used to all the time when I was single and working but stopped when I met my husband. For whatever reason . . . He has never seen me with make-up on and neither has anyone else I know in this area.

So I got a wild hair and put on my make-up to go to church. Had to find it first . . . Surprisingly, the mascara was still in good shape. Another good reason not to buy the cheap stuff!
I came out of the bathroom and my husband took one look at me and gave me a look. Who-are-you-and-what-have-you-done-with-my-wife look. "You look different." was all he said. So at church, all of my good friends and aquaintances kept giving me this same look. So I cornered a trusted lady friend and asked her honest opinion.
She said my make up looked good. I just didn't look right in it. It just wasn't me. By that time, I started feeling weird about it too.

Is it just not meant to be? I feel sad. I liked getting all gussied up for a change. Should I just throw it all out for good or try to aclimate everyone to its presence on my face?

Thumbnail by renwings
This thread has 35 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!