Acer Psuedosieboldian

Lombard, IL(Zone 5b)

How much sun could a psuedosieboldian take, if a psuedosieboldian could take sun? Sorry, I couldn't resist the woodchuck rhyme. I am wondering if I put one in a virtually full sun location will it burn or look crappy? If it would look bad are there any other maples along those line like maybe a variety of the sieboldian or a type of Japonicum or shirasawanum that could handle full sun here in the Chicago burbs (not paperbark either)? I was looking for something upright and didn't want the Emporer I since I already have a decent sized bloodgood in the area. Also looking for something with more reddish fall colors vs orange/yellow.

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

My pseudosieboldiana is in full sun but then I don't have hot summers like you, so I can't be sure. As far as I knew, that maple was suppose to take full sun. The fall colour is not red however...its more shades of orange and pinkish.

Lombard, IL(Zone 5b)

I have seen all sorts of colors for it in the fall on the internet and at some nurseries. Either way it usually has good color. I was just going to have it near a cherry that has kinda a coppery fall color and wanted some contrast to that. Thanks. Yours looked good in the older post.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.