Is cabbage summer crop or winter crop?

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

I would like to grow some cabbage but not sure which summer or winter crop are they? Never try to grow it.. :oP

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

In you area, you should have better luck with fall plantings for , November, December, January Harvest. and winter planting ( December for March, April Harvest.)Spring cabbage should be one of the short season cultivars.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Thanks.. I love to grow Mustard Green which it is fall planting. So I can buy the seeds early so I can have it ready for fall season ( ahead of time) :o)

What kind of vegetables for fall season: cabbage, mustard green, brocilli, what else?

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

A true southerner would always have turnips and collards. I have have good luck with fall planted cauliflower, kale,and rape, Fair luck with carrots, kohlrabi and rutabaga, no luck with brussels sprouts here but they did fine as an early fall planting in Virginia. I can also grow English peas as an overwinter crop, Planted in December for early spring harvest.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Yes Turnips.. That's what I tried to think of. My bro gave me some last winter.. I cut it up and put in freezer for the veg soup.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.