Ginger anyone?

Franklin Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Do Gingers grow in NE GA? I brought one pot with me when I moved from FL in the fall and wonder if it has a chance to survive here, planted in the ground? I haven't gotten any snow but many mornings of frost and a frozen birdbath on most mornings! This poor plant has been in my garage and might not ever look green again!

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Wish I could help you with this one since I'm in 8b and grow gingers.....they come back for me. I also have a variegated one I'm hoping will come back. Surely someone else will know.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Plant it ,it will do fine.I would try for partial shade,the summers can get ruff.Long hot dry days,are not unheard of.All in all you live in a good area.Mike

Franklin Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike... you just made my day! Thank you both for responding so quickly. It's really nice to have this forum with easier access to gardners who know the area. We love it here but I'm truly having to 're-learn' everything I've ever known (which wasn't much..) about gardening. I was used to just sticking anything in the ground and it grew (with enough water...) We lived in the central Florida sandpits all my life and this clay drainage thing is all new too. I think it will be hit and miss for awhile, but I will prevail with help from DG friends! So... in afternoon shade it will go tomorrow! This picture is from last year. I'm hoping for the best!

Thumbnail by teateacher
Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

ooooooohhh Thats lovely. I love gingers :)

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.