Big Welcome to Lucky!

Hey Guy... bless your heart- Lucky said you sent him an e-mail about a week ago.

I called him on the phone and shared with him the names of some of the people over here and he's going to come on over and join us here as soon as he can set aside time to register and subscribe. Maybe he'll be here by this coming weekend???

Crossing fingers and toes that between his kids and his wife and his work and his animals and and... that he gets his buns over here soon!

Lauren

Pssst.... I want him to be able to see his name in the subject line of this thread in the line up when he registers.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Exorbitant:

I'll be happy to welcome Lucky as well, though he does rather blatantly exhibit plantist tendencies.

Tell him he's required to sign up as Licky (as in Liquidambar). That'll be sure to get him started.

Hopkinsville, KY(Zone 6b)

ROTFLMAO, John.
I think maybe I'd prefer that y'all call me 'Sweetie'., instead.

OK, OK, I finally gave in to the repeated invitations, and left my cyber-home of 10+ years. I've been missing a bunch of you folks.

And the door opens and closes behind him with a bang! Lucky was drawn to the light like a moth!

Welcome Sweetie/Licky/Lucky,
Lauren

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Hey Mr. P!
It's about time! Now we finally have a true "nut" on board!
Did you bring anyone along with you? (If not, we might just have to let that "Licky" name stick a while . . . yuck!)

Guy S.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

Wow, it's beginning to feel like the old GW, here at Dave's, before Spike and iVillage messed everything up.

Welcome, Lucky, it's great that so many of the people-in-the-know have moved over from "the dark side" (as Guy likes to put it).
Mike

Elburn, IL(Zone 5a)

Hello Lucky!

By the way iVillage was sold this morning, so new owners once again!

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

Wouldn't that be Liquy, Liquey or Liquee? I'm all for dropping the icky part.

Welcome!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Hi Lucy! Glad you've arrived.

A couple of things about DG. This forum is VERY serious, and everyone takes themselves VERY seriously. And, for some strange reason, names always get messed up.

Despite that, this is a great forum. We have a lot of fun and somehow tremendous amounts of horticultural knowledge freely changes hands.

BTW, my seedling of your Asimina parviflora by way of Kevin is doing quite well--a nice little leaf opening under lights in my basement. But, I sure wouldn't mind some more seeds when they ripen this year.

Spott

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

BUAHAHAHA!!!!! (Spot)

Presque Isle, WI(Zone 3b)

Welcome Lucky, everybody knows you. Scott is entirely right, we are the very model of decorum here on Trees and Shrubs. And serious, you don't know from serious. Of course, every so often when the moon is full and high, we have been known to break bad. Good people speak highly of you. No pressure. Ken

Hopkinsville, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys, but...
Was that a screen door, or a jail cell door that banged shut? ;>)

Guy, I'm working on a couple of the holdouts at the GW Trees forum, and there are still a number of great folks left at the Fruit & Orchards forum whom I'll put the word to.

Now, how do I go about changing my username? That Liquor'd ambar sounds pretty good!

Hmmm, are you hearing any voices too? I didn't hear a screen door or a jail cell door banging shut... what you heard was the door slamming shut to Arboraceous Acres Asylum. It's where all good tree people end up sooner or later. We've got a nice white gown for you to wear and if you just turn around we'll get you all tied up nice and cozy.

If you are serious about becoming one with the user name of Liquidambar, contact Dave or Terry direct. Either one of them will fix you up real quick. You can use the Contact Us at the bottom of the screen here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.