Good morning

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Slept in and woke a little before sunrise. Thought I'd go out in the peaceful quietness of the morning and fill the bird feeders before the sun awoke the little feathered creatures. Well, it was peaceful for me, but certainly not quiet. Someone's cows were hungry or wanting to be milked, and there was a moo-ing and a stomping and a clanking of gates down the road. And one rooster somewhere north of us was alternating calls with one to the west of us. It seemed like they were trying to see who had the biggest lungs and who could crow the loudest. And many dogs, far and near, were barking. And already, someone had a tracktor engine idling. And the crunch of yesterday's snow under my boots was like a quiet thunder in my ears. A few minutes after the sun crested the hills, two Canadian geese winged over head towards the lake, honking and chattering among themselves, oblivious to my easedropping down below. Were they discussing how nice a dip in the lake and a breakfast of greens from the frozen-mud banks sounded? Or were they saying that Spring is surely on the way as it reached up to 30 degrees before sunrise this morning? The sun is up, the birds are singing, the sky is blue and contrasts lovingly with the frosty white of the snow. It's a great day to be alive. Enjoying my blessings and wishing you a great day. -Karla

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!