Weed guns (at Lidl)

Sheffield, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

Just thought you might be interested in the "gardening spectacular" at Lidl starting on 6th March as they are advertising weed guns at £6.99. There is also a brilliant selection of watering gadgets, slug traps, fruit bushes and bone meal to name a few.

I tried a few of their seeds last year and they are really good. Good germination and so cheap. A 28p packet of carrots sown broadcast kept us in carrots for months.

It is a strange shop, but if it is something you want they are usually good quality, and you can't go wrong with the price. Last year they had a diving equipment special where you could get wet suits, flippers, snorkelling masks and tubes etc, and another one was for horse equipment with riding boots, horse blankets and those things you strap on horses legs to stop them hurting themselves when they go over jumps. I find it quite fascinating. It is one of those shops you go in for a couple of items and come out with alsorts of things, although I must say I resisted the diving gear and horse leg cosies!
Pat

Sheffield, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

Well I've been shopping and got a computerised watering timer for £12, a watering attachment on a long arm for the hose pipe which does all different sprays like a shower spray, a couple of plant pots and trays and some very realistic teracotta-like plant tubs and a leaky pipe hose all for under £30. I do like a bargain!

oiartzun-near san se, Spain(Zone 8a)

Well done Pat! I am trying to get Mikel to take me to Lidl here, as they also have a gardening special this week. For some reason he is very reluctant to take me.....
Maggi xxxx

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.