Pictures from Nashville Lawn & Garden Show

Gallatin, TN(Zone 7b)

It was a pleasure to meet a few of our fellow Dave-ers at the show and to put names with faces. The show had a Mardi Gras theme, evident in a few of the exhibits.
I finally got to join the MIddle-TN Daylily Society and can't wait for the first meeting in two weeks.
I bought ALOT of flowers and bulbs. And I finally found a grist mill stone to make a fountain out of- there were two dealers there selling orbs, these stones and other items out of a Portland cement, perlite (and other things I can't remember) mixture that is lighter than concrete but just as durable.
Enjoy! This first picture is of the BIGGEST orchids I've ever seen!!

Thumbnail by babybluesntn
Gallatin, TN(Zone 7b)

This was the biggest, prettiest fountain and garden display!

Gallatin, TN(Zone 7b)

This was a huge display with a stone wall wrapping around in an L shape. There were fountains coming out two sides of it with a wooden door in the center. I'll post two of this one.

Gallatin, TN(Zone 7b)

Another angle

Gallatin, TN(Zone 7b)

Flowers, flowers everywhere!

Gallatin, TN(Zone 7b)

More eye candy!

Gallatin, TN(Zone 7b)

This was part of a floral arrangement in the floral display section. I thought these Bird of Paradise flowers were just gorgeous!

Gallatin, TN(Zone 7b)

This was the main entry exhibit, which had metal silhouettes of a guy playing a saxophone and other Mardi Gras-related displays.

Gallatin, TN(Zone 7b)

Another bunch of gorgeous hydrangeas at the entrance exhibit.

Gallatin, TN(Zone 7b)

One last pic - one of the many ponds--I liked the spouting water feature

Bay, AR(Zone 7a)

Great pics! I'm headed off to the Arkansas Flower & Garden Show in Little Rock in just a few minutes! I can't WAIT!

Sounds like you had a really great time!
Gail

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi, here is a couple of my shots.

Thumbnail by bluegrassmom
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Those are soooo pretty. Thanks so much for posting them. I didn't get to go but at least I feel like I have participated a little bit by getting to see these pictures. I want one of everything so maybe it is a good thing I didn't go. LOL!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Tropical beauty

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

The theme for the year was All Jazzed Up Can You dig It!

Do you see the alligator?

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

We had such a good time yesterday. Everything was so beautiful. Karen, I was glad that we got to meet.

I have a few more pics for my daylily pals if you want to see the thread in that forum.
Teresa

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the lovely photos! They make me wish I could grow things that look that pretty.

Gallatin, TN(Zone 7b)

Thanks for correcting me on the theme, Teresa. I heard someone say that and hadn't read the info. I ended up getting to stay several hours because my real estate client called and postponed our appt. until 3:00. I was delighted because I was just getting to the good part...all the vendors of the goodies!
I enjoyed meeting you and Nat too!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hey babyblue you have mail.

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

babybluestn: Thanks for the Bird of Paradise picture. I think that's just about the most beautiful one I've ever seen! Usually they are more filled out, but that one is still in the bud, and it's beautiful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.