March in like a LION

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Here in my area of Michigan March came in like a LION we had a ice and snowstorm depending what area you were in. I was in the snow area and we got a bucket dumped on us. The news man said 11in but when we measured ourselves we came up with 13! It was those huge flakes that slowly float down to the grown, but this time they didnt float they came down in blankets and steady for hrs and hrs. NO school on Thursday!
Some other places got up to 18in! So im hoping since we got the LION at the start of March the end of March will be like a LAMB and we can have a early spring

here is the driveway and you can see where the cars n van bottomed out!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

our road they finally plowed it today

Thumbnail by notmartha
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

*sigh*......... looking wonderful there. :)

Notmartha, that looks beautiful, but that's because I don't have to shovel it.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

We want to shovel that valuable bit of moisture here. ;)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

1 snow pile from driveway cleanup

Thumbnail by notmartha
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Quit bragging! ;)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

its all going to melt this week-mid 50s finally and rain! if i could mail it to you i would I have had enough winter and im ready for spring and gardening! ;)

yesterday morning fog n frost

Thumbnail by notmartha
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Yep I can understand your feelings Dori (and I wish you could;). Looks wonderful still tho!

I think I have your name right and will edit if I made a mistake.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

here is the frost!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yes my name is Dori-notmartha lol

Thumbnail by notmartha
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Ü I LOVE IT when the trees are covered with that. To go outside after grey and cloudy skies and see everything covered like that with blue skies and sunshine in the background. The snow gleams like there's a million diamonds sparkling out there! :) It always takes my breath away!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yes it was a beautiful Sunday morning
I looked out the window and saw everything shimmering grabbed my clothes and dh boots and the camera and off I went! it sure looked warmer than it was! lol

There was a mystical fog that was hovering here and there very calmly-it was a splendid morning and later i went in my GH and it was over 100 in there with no added heat cept good ol sunshine!!

my snowy garden

Thumbnail by notmartha
Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

we're expecting 70s from Thursday through the weekend!!!! YIPPPEEE!!!!!!!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Soooooooooo how's your pot doing Dori??? ;)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

LOL well we smoked it all-NOT really not really joking joking!!!

I keep the pot simmering on the stove all winter and have been tossing a few tarballs at the southern people posting pics of whats blooming and telling me how WARM they are

But can they post a garen picture like this one i snapped today at 8am?
isnt this just magical?

Thumbnail by notmartha
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Ü such a treat for the eyes! Ü

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

luv this one with the fog!

Thumbnail by notmartha

Love those pictures!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

ROTFLMAO,
How about this?

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

~~~~~~~~***********SPLAT*********~~~~~~~~ tar ball fling

they are beautiful! :)

Thumbnail by notmartha
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

That is beautiful too and I am crying remembering all the beautiful snows I had the pleasure of living thru with some wonderful people who just aren't here anymore.
How just a few years ago my DM and I got up and made sure the birds had water and food during the bad blizzards in Charlotte.
Snows are special and a warm wonderful time in life. (Even if it's cold outside!)
Sidney

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Thanks Martha, the pictures are great ! Indeed magical !Are you still having snow ? For as I've heard, there is a big snowstorm arround the lakes. Is it in your area ?
We'vehad abig rainstorm,2 days ago,very strong wind, trees have fallen, roofs, comercials...like a small hurricane ! A teenager died, after a tree fell on him, when just left schoolyard.
Adina

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

its been like this here lately
this is my yard it freezes thaws shrinks
they say the snow heading to michigan will miss me! fingers crossed.

Thumbnail by notmartha
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Wonderful pics, used one for a desktop all week, hope you don't mind. Just now swapped it out for the barn, mailbox, and fog.

Makes me think of my Aunt and Uncles farm in the Catskills. thanks.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

no problem-glad you enjoyed them

this is a tridge in midland that the river is suppose to flow under-the playground and everything is water

Thumbnail by notmartha
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Wow, having floods? We have too, in some parts.
I love the picture with the trees, seems so unreal !
Adina

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Since Iowa may have it's last frost tonight I thought we should all remember how the snow looked. Anyone ready for winter? Laugh!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

not me! yuck!!!
i hope the apricot trees make it 2nite!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I have apple blossoms and baby peaches set.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.