Loudoun County VA Seedling Sale

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

I was searching the Loudoun County website for some other information and I stumbled across this news item that I thought that somebody might be interested in (I do not know if this offer is limited to Loudoun County or Virginia residents):

"The Loudoun Soil and Water Conservation District is now accepting orders for its annual tree seedling sale."

Here is a PDF with more details:
http://www.loudoun.vaswcd.org/PDF/'06%20seedling%20sale.pdf

An expert from the file:

Quoting:

Pre-paid orders will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Tree seedlings will be available for pick-up at the LSWCD office in Leesburg
Friday, March 31, 2006 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

I had never heard of this sale before. I would be curious if anybody else has participated. The selection of trees and shrubs is very limited, but the prices are cheap.

- Brent

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Brent, I couldn't get your link to come up but just wanted to give you my 2 cents. I ordered years ago from a Soil and Water Conservation District - although you receive small bare root "whips" (usually about 12-18"), the prices were very inexpensive and overall it was a positive experience. We placed them in a small 'holding' area where the soil had been amended to encourage growth while waiting for their final home and they took off!

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

Funny...the link works fine for me with Firefox but I cannot load it in Internet Explorer. Try this link and click on the link on the right side of the page.

http://www.loudoun.vaswcd.org/

BTW, I am in the process of searching for a new home, so it is unlikely that I will be taking advantage of this sale.

- Brent

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

that worked, Thank you!

I just wanted to mention - really appreciate your recent postings in PlantFiles! Some great landscape shots, as well as the close-ups! Now we just need to get you over to Green Spring Gardens in Alexandria to take some pictures - great photo opportunities there :)

Debbie

P.S. good luck in the home search!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.