July 12

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Good morning. It's my birthday, again! Hubby said something about taking me out to dinner at the Steak House. Yesterday was very busy, starting out with rounding up and moving a bunch of yearlings about 5 miles, then once they were in the corral we sorted them, picked out a bunch of heifers for replacements, and loaded a trailer to go to the auction yard. That took care of the morning. Afternoon was taken up with gardening and watering. In the evening we hauled a steer back home that had been in with the cattle we moved in the morning, he probably had enough traveling for one day to want to stay home now. This morning just at daylight we watched a badger traveling across our pasture, they can travel surprisingly fast for a short legged creature with a roundish body. Before it gets hot today I need to get out for a couple of hours ride on Bullwinkle. Breezy did cow work yesterday and got his workout getting to the pasture where the cattle were and rounding them up (they wanted to go everywhere but the right direction). Have a good day everyone, count your blessings.

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!