Spectracide brush killer

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

I have bought Spectracide brush killer before and the ingredient is different from the other brands. I dont remember the name of it but it wasn't triclopyr or glyphosphate. I do remember that it had a milky look to it when I sprayed it on foliage which made it easier to see what had already been sprayed. Does anyone have any thoughts on this chemical? Is it just as good as the other ones?

Ummm, Spectracide is a manufacturer of a host of chemicals from herbicides to pesticides to insect repellents. Which one do you have there and what were you using it on?

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

Heres the ingredient : Dichlorprop-p, 2-ethylhexyl ester 4.78%
Dicamba 1.65%

I think dichlorprop-p is a dichlorprop-potassium salt. The 2-ethylhexyl ester was probably used as a solvent, and Dicamba is a benzoic acid herbicide. This combo could be perfectly appropriate or it could be overkill or totally ineffective dependent upon what you plan to use it on. You need to sort of work backwards. Find out what your problem plant is and then find out how best to control, manage, or eradicate it. I guess the best example I can give you would be that taking Robitussin cough syrup when you have a fever and a runny nose would provide you with about as much relief as using GreenLight WipeOut if you were trying to kill grass.

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

The only things I would use it on would be chinese privet, chinese tallow, honeysuckle, and camphor tree. The Spectracide sells for about $11.99, whereas the Ortho is about $15.99

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.