Snowstorm in Bucharest

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi, everyone ! A very strong snowstorm has hit our city and is happening NOW. If you want to see it live, I'm sending this link :

http://www.myx.net/MyX/mps/Portal?cmd=Webcam

You can only see the first one "Vedere de pe Teatrul National Bucuresti".

Adina

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

One very light snow shower here today (northeast England), but it didn't settle. Cold northerly wind though, straight from Spitzbergen

Resin, you are lucky! Here we have a very strong wind, a real storm, the traffic is paralized and one can hardly walk through this snowstorm.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Looks like winter is arriving late all over the world

Blooms,winter isn't late in Romania, you can say that it's a little too late for winter ! Still, today has been a wonderful sunny day and the snow began melting.
Here is a picture with the yesterday snow.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

I've got another one, with the people selling during the storm.Today we've celebrated a very old tradition, "Martisor". This is a little artfact, which symbolises spring and theysayitbrings luck and health. Men usually give this "martisor" to the women they love and respect. These little toys are handmade and the people who make it are also selling it, in special places, downtown. Here is a picture showing how they had to stay during the strom, because they had to sell .
See more, if you are interested here :

http://www.meetromania.info/uk_martisor.html

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Another picture.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

This is from the mountains, in Parang. They are happy to go skying !

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Pahrump, NV(Zone 8b)

What a lovely custom! Thank you for sharing that and the photos with us. My best wishes for you to have a perfect spring.

Thanks, Dana, it was my pleasure ! Here is a picture with some of my "martisor", you can see what they look like :

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Adini,
Did doggie Boss like that storm?

Connie,
Boss doesn't like the storm, he is like an old man now and he hurries home after having all his "things" done ! But he likes snow and enjoys running and playing with the stick !
Adina

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Adini, oh, they are delightful. What a charming tradition.

And it slipped by me, but Happy Birthday one day late. Loved your snow pictures -- and those outdoor market booths are a bit less charming in the snow. LOL ~Blooms

Thanks, blooms ! Yes,you're right, they look less charming with all the snow and wind coming over ! And when I think that this was only a day after I went there to buy some 'martisoare' for my DH's colleagues from work ...it was so sunny and warm !
The weather is going crazy, I've said that before, but now I mean itmore than ever ! You should see the strong storm running right now over Bucharest ! We've had strongwinds, especially in spring, before warming, but this is more than was expected ! The wind is blowing through the buildings with so much noise, many comercials have fallen, some over cars and crushed it...Yesterday it rained, so the storm was more creepy ! They say it's because of the woods cuttings. I can't imagine what it's like outside the city, in plain field... we've already had a few tornados, in the last 2 years.
Adina

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.