DeKalb Electronic Recycle on Saturday March 4

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

You may or may not know that computer stuff and the like, should not be put in the trash. Electronics are poisonous in our landfills. Many places charge $10 per piece that you bring in for recycle and on Saturday March 4, DeKalb is having a free recycle day to bring in old computers, cell phones, monitors, drives, modems, circuit boards, vcr, stereos, cb radios, cables, record players, scanners, cameras, keyboards, etc.

Saturday, March 4, 2006 from 9 AM – 1PM.

Keep DeKalb Beautiful and DeKalb County Public Works Department will staff two drop off sites:
·         Tom Scott Building parking lot on Memorial Drive
·         Brook Run Park in Dunwoody
For more information on accepted items, please call Keep DeKalb Beautiful (404) 371-2654.

I think this is garden related as all of us gardeners care about the environment.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the info! I'm going to tell everyone here at work about it.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Good for you!

So many people are not aware that this stuff should never go into the land fills and, unfortunately, many of the garbage people will just toss it in the truck even though they are not supposed to do so...

Spread the word!!!!!!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

This "free electronic recycle day" always comes as a surprise to me so I asked a worker at Brook Run when the next one would be. She directed me to this DeKalb web site:

http://www.co.dekalb.ga.us/beautiful/calendar_evt.htm

Then don't show an exact date for the June Recycle Day but she said check the main site:
http://www.co.dekalb.ga.us/beautiful/ closer to June.

You can also include old tapes, floppies, CDs, DVDs as well as old cables, stereos, monitors, computers, microwave ovens. I was amazed at the huge numbers of computer monitors they were taking in - including two from me.

All this is called "Techno Trash" and is poisonous in the landfills.

Keep this list handy:
Computer Monitors
Computer CPUs
Laptops
Disk Drives
Floppy Drives
Test & Network Equipment
Modems
Circuit Boards
Typewriters
CD Roms
Cables