NY Botanical Garden Orchid Show

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Yippee!!! We are going today http://www.nybg.org/ . I so look forward to this. Unfortunately is very cold which is annoying because you have to dress real warm and then go into the conservatory where it's hot and humid. My backpack becomes a weapon! Anyway, I plan on taking lot's of pictures. Here are a few from last year. Until I get back.

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I'm expecting dahlia photos if they are there.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I'll search hi and low for ya Al

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Anita, I couldn't figure how you left the coffee thread at 9:05am went to the orchid show and the craft show, got back and posted pictures by 9:06 am.
Even for someone of your organizational skills, that is amazing. Did it involve flying around the earth faster than the speed of light?

While that is most impressive, according to our business plan, you must improve on this record for next year. (Now that is very Northeastern)

Hope you had a wonderful day!

Al, you better check on Dena. I get nervous when she's quiet.

No longer signing off 'cause my name & parantheticals have become too much work.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

OK - here are the links to download the windows slide show - let me know if it works. If not, then I'll try creating one of the shows that Andy does.

Let me know!! http://lakehousecreations.com/2006_orchid_show.htm

Here are some pics though for those that don't want to do any downloading.

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Well, I had a wonderful time. The only thing I hate was that it was sooooooo ccccolddddd. Had several layers on and of course once you get into the conservatory it's hot and humid. So all the sweaters, hat, scarf, gloves etc get stuffed into the knapsack which now becomes a deadly weapon to anyone near when I turn!

West Warwick, RI(Zone 6b)

um..Anita, I wanna see the show but can't get it to work, something i'm doing wrong?

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

It's not asking you to download a file?

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Is explorer blocking it?

It has the title, then under it in the center is a tiny little box, that isn't doing anything.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I hate to comment, but I couldn't get it going either. My computer is slow and it timed out loading it. Don't do any extra work for me, I can look at your mural.

while the mural is lovely, I want to see it all. LOL! I know there is more!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Hi Anita, Glad you had a good time!
I can't get it to work either. Your mural is gorgeous!

While I was here, I was able to find out where I was.
I'm oriented again!

News flash! Your slide show worked (just took a long time to download.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Dena - do you have dial up?

Thanks for News Flash - I'm glad it worked. I thought I goofed.

Sorry Al - probably due to the fact that you are dial up. By the way, can you see Andy's shows? I'm sure there is not too much involved in creating those in the future.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Anita, I didn't mention how incredible your slide show was. Fantastic!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks Dave!! Now I just wish my orchids would start flowering. The show gave me spring fix - I'll probably go into withdrawals by Wednesday again

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

No I didn't - I am looking into dsl if our computer will run it.
Your pictures are nice, I don't have any orchids - do you have a greenhouse for yours?

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

no - bright window. I think I might bring them out this summer. They did real well when I did that two years ago. I got annoyed that some slugs were stowaways and ate my bloom spikes. I think if I keep them up on the tree stump on a shelf, they might stay slug free

ok, I got it!!!
WOW very pretty!
That was great nice job, two GRENTHUMBS up!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

LOL - thanks Dena

I think I'm gonna do it again.....

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

LOL - they are beautiful, aren't they?? I love orchids!

I am always amazed at how the white ones look like candy, like you could just take a bite and it would taste like sugar.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

isn't it amazing?

they are fantastic! Such amazing plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.