Anyone found Maxicrop or seaweed emulsion around town?

Ashburn, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi all, I'm having a hard time finding this product in local nursery/HD/Lowes/Walmart stores. Might just be the time of year and it will be stocked later, but wondering if anyone knows of a supplier around town? I have had no trouble finding fish emulsion, but can't track down the seaweed. Thanks for any help!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I bought seaweed emulsion through the gazillion catalogues that I seem to get in the mail. I've bought through Charlie's Greenhouse catalogue, which has an excellent assortment of gardening supplies.

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

I have bought Alaska brand fish and seaweed emulsion at Wal-Mart. I also get it at a local nursery but that is not going to help you! Call around to some local places you never know.

-Kim

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I buy mine from a place here called "Meyer Seed Co. International". It is a sort of farm-supply place . They sell all the good fertilizers that one cannot find at HD/Lowes or such. I don't know if they have a mail order service??? Call them: 410-665-5511. Ask for liquid seaweed. The non-liquid equivalent is Kelp Meal. I use that a lot too.

It comes in a gallon bottle and runs about $25-$30, but it lasts me about 3 years. I water all my newly transplanted flowers and plants in with it. You only use about 1/4 cup to the gallon of water. It is dark brown.

Do you have a Southern States near you? They might have it! Not sure.

Hope this helps. Gita

Ashburn, VA(Zone 7a)

Gita, thanks, I did find it at purcellvile's southern states! It was about 20$ and is supposed to be very concentrated. Thanks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.