hardy geraniums in Georgia

Lilburn, GA

Hi!

I absolutely love hardy geraniums. In England i had a big variety of them and they flowered for most of the year. I want to know if anyone here grows them and if they do well. i found a nursery that stocks them so I want to restart my collection.

Thank you

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

The do great here. Too good, sometimes and outgrow the space I had for them. lol What nursery stocks them? Is it local or mailorder? There are a couple I would like to get to put in other parts of my garden.

Speaking of hardy geraniums, I have twice bout Johnson's Blue I have bought on two different occasions are all pink (and I don't mean lavender, either). Are they just misnamed or can they change colors?

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

HI pins - did you leave them in your garden over the winter? I have two in pots which I kept up close to the house and they look still look good. I thought 'hardy' only went to 25 degrees?
TIA, Sterling

Lilburn, GA

Pins, i don't know about they changing colours. i don't ghink you have the righr one. my jonhson's blue was always blue.

The nursery is Geraniacea. com in California.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

My gardenias have been outside, totally uncared for during the winter for over 4 years. They are very hardy.

Shucks, I was hoping the nursery was local. Oh well...

My plants must be misnamed. When they bloom again I'll take a picture and see if I can get it identified.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Carmen, my Johnson's Blue was also pink, wonder if it's a ph problem? It died or was eaten.

Y'all are in luck tho, my friends Mike & Brenda (they were at the Fall Swap) are bringing their wild ones that cover their hillsides. (They aren't on the web, so lmk and I'll hve him put some names on them at the swap.) Here's an old photo of mine http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/15511/ it's a nice soft pink, and pretty tidy, it blooms before my cranesbill.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Me! Me! Me! Me! I'd love some!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.