Latest input re scanners needed, please?

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Howdy Folks...
Yep, my scanner finally died! RIP, HP. :>(

Best Buy says they have scanners as low as $99. (Epsoms) that should suit my purpose. However, a DG member recently told me about Newegg.com (not mentioning any names but, THANKS, VIC!) (Whoops.)

Anyway, whilst on the site I see quite a few choices, Epsoms, Canons, and many under 100 bucks. The thing is, I have no idea what the lingo/jargon refers to, i.e., Image censor CCS vs CCA, dpi software enhanced resolution, etc.

I also am remembering in another thread (two yrs ago!?) about some scanners being able to put scanned copies into Word and PDF files (would be great for newspaper articles, I think!). Then again, I also remember someone also saying they liked their scanner but didn't care for the driver that operated it. sheesh.

Anyway, the following link takes you to a page on Newegg. Can someone help me out w/some info as to what I can get by with but yet still enjoy a fast, efficient scanner that will do the PDF/Word file thingy? (All I ever scan are a few old photos, copy letters and newspaper articles (usually about us!), etc.)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?DEPA=0&type=&description=scanner&Submit=ENE&Ntk=all&N=0&minPrice=&maxPrice=&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Any comments, recommendations, please?

Many thanks,
Clueless/SHOE-less

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!