Durante Erecta aka Sweet Memories shrub

Millers Creek, NC

I'm not sure where to post this question,so I just posted it here.Hope thats ok. Does anyone have one of these shrubs,or know where I can find one?What company might have this shrub? Any ideas at all on this one?

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, rose--

you may want to post your question on the 'Trees and Shrubs' Forum-- http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/tas/all/

You will probably get a better response there.

Good luck. t.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

There's also a feature on this site called Plant Scout that will tell you what companies sell a certain plant: http://davesgarden.com/ps/search.php?search_text=Duranta

But Tabasco is right, if you're looking for other information on the plant or people who might be able to send you cuttings then Trees & Shrubs is the best place to post.

Millers Creek, NC

Thank s to both of you. I did do a search through the plant finder and found a couple of vendors that sell this plant. Thanks again.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

Lowes has great ones right now, probably in your area also, altho maybe alittle early for you.

Millers Creek, NC

Thanks I will check out Lowes

Schriever, LA(Zone 9a)

I have this shrub and it's one of my favorites. It blooms just about continuously here and brings a very pretty shade of blue to the garden. There is a certain type of large yellow and black bumblebee that seems to just love this shrub, but they are not agressive.

Millers Creek, NC

Oh my gosh, I already have lots of bumble bees here. They love my salvias!! I saw a pic of this plant and fell in love with it. I want to get one, even if I have to bring it in during the winter.

Schriever, LA(Zone 9a)

Rosella,

Our Lowe's here already has Duranta out. If they are not carrying it in your area yet, it probably won't be long before you see it.

Millers Creek, NC

I will keep checking my lowes for them.Our store is just now starting to get in hardy plants and shrubs.We are in a much colder area than you,unfortunately. That is just the prettiest plant I have seen in a long time!

Millers Creek, NC

I checked out my Lowes today,but still not one of these in stock!!Poor clerk didn't know what I was talking about either.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Rosella,

What zone are you in? I think Duranta is only hardy to zone 8, and when you said your weather was much colder than Ladibug's in zone 9a I started to wonder if you might be in one of the colder parts of NC. That might be why the people at your Lowe's haven't heard of it (although I've never found someone at one of the big box stores that really knows plants so that could be it too). If Lowe's never gets it in, you could always go to one of your local nurseries and see if they can special order it for you.

Millers Creek, NC

I found a couple of nurseries I can order them from,and will probably end up doing that.I am in zone 7,in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. I do know they aren't winter hardy here,but I was planning to put it in a container that I can move into shelter for the winter months.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.