Snow again in Central Virginia

Crozet, VA

It seems that we had a mini-blizzard earlier today. haha Actually, it started snowing here about 6 AM and came down steadily until about 9 AM. It looks to be between two and three inches of the white stuff. Our schools were not even cancelled. The administrators didn't have time to do it. The roads seem to be clear by now though, but we will probably have to watch out for ice tonight on the roads.

So far this morning I have watered and misted all of my houseplants. I try to mist each day, but miss a day or two here and there it seems. Since beginning the misting program I have three didfferent plants that are rewarding me with new growth almost each day. I am thrilled any time that I see new growth on any of them.

I hope that no one asks me the name of any of my plants, because I probably cannot tell you. I do know some of the common names for things, but flunked latin. haha In the past few weeks as the stores have begun to stock their shelves with seeds and other gardening items, I have been buying a few things here and there. I can tell already that I will need to stay away from stores now because I will definitely be tempted to buy, buy, buy.

Anyway folks, I just wanted to check in with everyone and let you know that I check this board each day. Kind of quiet for now, but I bet when Spring gets here that these boards are gonna be working overtime. I hope that everyon has a safe, happy and healthy day.

Ruby

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Ruby we also got a few inches on Wednesday - not that it was a surprise, we expected it but glad it was all melted by late afternoon.

Some of the forums are busier than others, but you wait until spring - everyone has questions and it's hard to keep up with everything! :)

Centreville, VA(Zone 6b)

Ruby, I have good luck with misting also (when I do it) but don't do it nearly regularly enough because I have to move the plants to an area where I don't get everything else wet that's nearby. Does anyone have any hints on how to mist an easier way? These are plants in a normal room, not a greenhouse or anything like that. Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.