New to Gardening

Algonac, MI(Zone 6a)

Hi! I just joined Dave's Garden and am a "newbie" to gardening in general. I'm 19 and live in Algonac, Michigan...it's at the bottom of the "thumb." I'm trying to learn as much as I can about vegetable gardening so my girlfriend and me can make our own food, something I never really done considering I lived on fast food for most of my life. I basically plan on redoing my (my parent's) whole yard - adding a small pond/waterfall, a vegetable gardening, and replacing most of the grass with plants. It's a very big undertaking, but I think I have a good idea of how I'm going to do it. It's nice to meet you all, and any advice about gardening in Michigan would be appreciated.

EJ

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Hi EJ

Welcome to DG and the Mich forumn,

I used to Duck Hunt in St Johns marsh right in your backyard.

Its a great site feel free to jump in at any time.

Paul

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

EJ welcome to davesgarden and to our lil corner here in Michigan

please join in and have FUN
dori

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

EJ.....welcome to Daves....and to the Michigan Forum.....IF your looking for seed, I can share what I have with you....Just let me know....

Deann

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

hi ej
i live over on the west side by grand rapids,
but we are going to notmarthas, in june. hope to
see you there!

Regards,
sheri

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome EJ!

Good luck with your big garden projects. I like to do vegetable gardening also. We just moved up to AuGres and I have my spot all prepped. I just need for my son to put a great big fence around it so the deer don't eat my plants. :) Have fun in the garden.

Brenda

Plymouth, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi EJ, and welcome :)

I adore vegetable gardening and I'm also an herb fanatic. Fresh veggies always go well with fresh herbs, or so it seems :) I have my veggie and herb gardens right next to each other so I can pick everything all at once when I am making a meal.

Sounds like you have some wonderful ideas for your garden. Can't wait to see pictures once it gets under way!

Cheers,
Nissa

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.