Mandevilla 'red robinhood'

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

I just purchased a Mandevialla (red robinhood) and the growing and planting instructions
on the container say to plant in partial shade but when I checked out the plantfile on here
it said to plant in full sun. Can anyone give me some clairifaction before I plant this?

Angela

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Angela, for Texas and especially where you are I would plant where it had morning sun and evening shade. By the time it is about 10 or 11 oclock it should be in the shade or at least filtered sunlite. Othewise the hotter it gets and the more sunlight it will sunburn the leaves and flowres and it won't be as pretty.
Look for seed in the fall I have seen some post here they found seed on their Mandies....

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you Willowwasp. I will do as you suggested and I have the perfect
place for it and again thank you for your reply.

Angela

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I have two of these - you will love this vine - it blooms constantly during the spring/summer/fall!

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

There is a "Chocolate" Mandavilla that I have been looking for and can't find. There is a nursury in a town I use to live in that carried it but no longer has it. If anyone has a cutting or rooted plant to trade I am intrested....
The red is a pretty one too and maybe you will have some to trade later or maybe Kay have some now she might trade. ......

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

This is a tropical cousin to the Bouganvillea isn't it? I had 3 of those but didn't realize they weren't cold hardy for my area and without frost protection I've lost them here in 8b.

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes I think it is alamoaimee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.